Watermelon Basil Salad with Edamame Pasta
A refreshing summer salad that’ll impress your guest! This Watermelon Basil Salad is made with feta cheese, pickled watermelon rinds, and edamame bean pasta.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 10 min
Yield: 4 Servings
Share this recipe
- 1/2 package (4oz) of The Only Bean Edamame or Soybean pasta
- 3 cups diced watermelon
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1 cup feta crumbles
- 1/2 lime, zested
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups pickled watermelon rinds
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- Step 1 – Combine rice vinegar, water, ginger, garlic, sugar, salt, and sesame oil and stir until salt and sugar are dissolved. Pickle watermelon rinds for 24 hour
- Step 2 – Cook 1/2 pack (4oz) of The Only Bean pasta according to directions on the package.
- Step 3 – In a large bowl, combine noodles with diced watermelon, red onions, basil, feta crumbles, olive oil, and pickled watermelon rinds. Toss together to mix well.
- Step 4 – Garnish with lime zest and serve.
This recipe was created by Chuck Jenkins!